Monday, January 27, 2020

Knowledge: what if we used the 100% of our brain?


There are many things I understand now that I couldn't when I was younger. For example, I have better managed the concept of time, and the passing of time. I have become more aware of death, disease, and generally danger and emergency. And there are many more things I'll probably understand later in life that I don't have the wisdom yet to understand now. The more I see,feel, and discover emotions and new states of mind, the more knowledge I gain.

Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για brain capacityAs we grow older, we understand more things about the world. We gain consciousness. We become alert. The more we experience, the more knowledge we have about existence.
But some questions are never going to be answered. No matter how many things I experience, my brain will never be able to understand everything that exists, everything that "is". That is why we don't use our brain on its full capacity. It's nature's way of protecting us from realizing truths that would make us crazy. I've analyzed this further enough at my other article, though. The basic point I'm trying to reach here is: what would happen if we could use our brain to its full capacity?
What inspired me to think about this is the movie "Lucy" with Scarlet Johansson and Morgan Freeman. What happens in the movie is that the main character Lucy is injected with a performance-enhancing drug called CPH4 which basically causes some chemical reactions that somehow result in her using her brain on its full capacity. Of course, this kind of science is not proven legitimate and may lack many explanations, but it's very interesting to give it the benefit of the doubt and think what would happen if it was true.
Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για matter and universeOnce the drug kicks in, Lucy is able to understand and control everything that exists. As she uses more and more of her brain's capacity, she moves from one dimension to the other. In the beginning, she starts to feel everything around her. She can feel space, the air, the vibrations, the people, the gravity, the rotation of the earth. She feels the heat leaving her body and the blood in her vains. She can access the deepest parts of her memory and remember feelings of touch, taste, and pain from when she was younger than one years old. As her usage of brain capacity increases, she is able to feel other people's bodies, thoughts, to identify diseases. She is able to access every single computer and control every source of electricity. Her brain absorbs every single piece of information that exists in the world. She reaches a point where she can travel in time. She goes back to the beginning of time, to the beginning of matter, where the first ever cell existed. Imagine being able to understand EVERYTHING. All that "is". She "unlocked" everything about existence.
So, after I watched the movie and let all of this kick in, I decided to conclude my brainstorming with a very simple yet disturbing idea: time is the only true unit of measure. There are no numbers. There is no 1+1= 2. We have codified our existence to bring it down to human size to make it comprehensible. We've created a scale so we can forget its unfathomable scale. Imagine a car speeding down the road. Imagine it going faster and faster and faster. Now, speed up this image infinitely and you'll notice that the car eventually disappears. So, what proof do you have of its existence? Time gives legitimacy to its existence. We all exist because of time. Time gives proof to the existence of matter.
I know, kind of scary and crazy. Thinking about stuff like this is just a reminder of how powerful and extraordinary life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Trolley Argument

My aim is to address The Trolley Argument. It is based on the following two cases:  ORGAN DISTRIBUTION Jonathan kills his patient Nick and m...